Thursday 9 July 2009

The power of nudity

First time I've been on this computer the entire week.
Fourth day of the holidays and all I've done is been through two boxes of tissues. So much for the "I wanna get swine flu!!" (This had so better not be swine flu)
This is seriously the worst time to get sick. There's so much I need to do, let alone want to do. (she types as she reaches for another tissue...) Makes me dizzy just looking at this screen.

On a lighter note, even though i probably sacrificed everyone's well being on Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm really happy i went to those UC open days. Even though I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, everything's just been explained so much clearer by those lecturers.
I know for a fact I'm doing a BCom, endorsed in probably finance? or maybe a double major, not sure yet. And maybe a double degree with law, again still in the "procrastination" stage.

Lol that marketing lecture was hilarious. The lecturer dude was amazing.
First sentence "Anyone offended by nudity and abusive language should leave now"
Of course, no one left.
And then, he progressed to show us the time line of AIDS advertisements.
i.e. first you have something like a stubbies add, with black and white photos of people everywhere with AIDS in huge letters, and then three photos of nude people.
One of them was all these naked men and women getting close on a beach...
But "the one I find the most amazing" (according to mr lecturer) was the picture of only the bottom half of a naked woman with her legs apart.
LOL don't worry the important bits weren't there. (Remember the purpose was to convey the effects of AIDS)

Pretty sure after that lecture, everyone got an idea of the power and influence of marketing.
I walked out much clearer, definitely not going to that again. :D

3 comments:

  1. Aww, get better soon, go get some rest instead of being on the computer! lol =) see I was smart to get sick before the hols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont get sick!!

    theyve been measuring our temps nonstop and ive stayed a healthy 36 C :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! You don't get sick!!
    haha i'm much better now :D
    Daddy bought me this epicly amazing medicine. It's a miracle worker :):)

    ReplyDelete