Friday 17 July 2009

When Dreams Become Reality

Last day of hols today (technically, excluding weekend)
Rather than cramming more accounting(which I'm only 1/4 way through LOL), the beginning of my day went like this:

0730 Get up. (Yes I'm preparing for school!) jj
0900 AA Insurance
0910 Fill in form. Took me 10 minutes.. I get confused.... Too many arrows and instructions!
0920 Begin actual Learners License LOL first to sit it today!
0925 Completed. 100%! Seriously they repeated two questions! Like exactly the same. That was about the easiest test ever ><"
0930 Hang round the mall by myself for half an hour. I brought a book...
1000 Mummy joins me after a meeting
1030 Mummy goes to drop off sister. I am, once again, left ALONE so I wonder through basically every shop.. "Lonely, I'm Mr(s). Lonely, I have nobody...."
1045 I SEE THE LIGHT. Granny is here! Listen to her blab for 20 minutes lollll
1120 Downstairs to the 5 minutes of fame. They were amazing!! Two Shirley Boys 13+16 years hard out hiphopping to the lyrics. Smmoooottthhh :) And this 14 year old guy tap dancing to a musical. Jealous much....
1130 Mummy + Mummy's friend + Daughter joins me. No longer a loner :D
Now to FARMERS

Lol whoever lit that fire, thank you!!
It's like Christmas all over again. The mall was literally "mountain sky mountain sea" <---(Azn ppl) 60% off basically EVERYTHING
Though there actually weren't any good clothes..... And all the couches that were $2000 (now $1000!!) were sold the day before. *sniff* But it was CHEAP
Conclusion: GO TO FARMERS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY BEEN YET. FOUR DAY SALE! TWO DAYS LEFT (Otherwise you'll regret it...)

Anyway, other than shopping, the highlight of my day was that I finally had a dream come true.
This is gonna sound really sad...
Ever since I was little, like 13 years ago? I remember the first time going to Riccarton Mall. At that time it was still a tiny shopping center and I used to love going to Farmers. Why? Because of their escalator!!!
It used to always amaze me how the part that goes down is directly next to the part that goes up! my dream was that one day I would go up/down while another person would do the opposite and we'd Hi FIVE each other in the middle.
This dream finally came true today.

I was sooo tempted to take a photo of us hi-fiving but people around us were already giving us weird looks.. so yeah. *cough*

Even though I now owe a big favour to Miss Gorgeous, I am sooo happy :)
Sorry this blog is like so ultra-hyper, but...
YAY!! :D:D:D

6 comments:

  1. O yea, I remember when the mall was so small, like bush inn and we used to live right beside it. But I never had any wild dreams involving escalators at such a young age :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It used to always amaze me how the part that goes down is directly next to the part that goes up!"
    yeah.........

    anyway congrats on your learners! tho it did take you a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I think what amazed me so much was because of the high level of techno compared to the bumness of the rest of the city. And it wasn't just the escalators.. It was the fact that you could HI FIVE!! :D:D

    Lol Alex i owe you big time. I'm sorry :( THANK YOU!!! Btw it hasn't been exactly a year. I borrowed it sep last year B-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can get hi5s from people without going up an escalator. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow naveen... I NEVER KNEW THAT. =P

    but congrats on learners (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL thanks Sarah.

    But hi fiving where the escalators touch has been my childhood dream!! It's sooo much cooler than walking round and hi-fiving people on land :D
    Naveen's just a deprived childddd tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete