Friday 27 November 2009

Love

...why is it so complicated?

I even did a flippin 5000 word research project on it, yet I still want to know...

What is love?

We hear it being used pretty much every single day, somewhere...sometime.
I'm guilty of this offence. I use it way too often, but I hope people can discern between when I'm just being a crazy person and when I actually mean it.

It's funny.
"I love you" - those three words are the most overused cliche in history. But do we actually know what love is? And what love entails?
Everyone who enters into a meaningful relationship, at some point in time, says it. I can't be a hypocrite and of course I can't judge. I've never been in one and when I do, I know I'll do it too. Yet... love. It binds you. Doesn't it?
You mean it at that specific point in time of your life, yet shouldn't true love extend beyond our imagination? Shouldn't true love surpass everything? And by this, I'm referring to time, distance, differences....

But in that case, you can't use the word 'love' until that final day when you put on your wedding ring. Because that's when there's a public declaration and the ultimate symbol of your willingness to accept each other...
Yet even then, people divorce.

At our age, do we really know what love is? Do we really know what love implies?
But then there's that saying..

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Don't live with regrets. Just do it.

But I still want to know, how can one word encompass so many shades of meanings?



...My moment of deepness for the day.













You're leaving on Monday...
And it's only taken me two years to finally realize how I feel about it, about you.
I regret everything. I really do.
Karma does exist. Everything's twisted now.
I know I'm going to miss you, because I already do.

4 comments:

  1. %#$@ i opened a can of worms X(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better to have loved and lost than to never loved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is the crulest practical joke nature plays on mankind. Who ever said the whole 'better to have loved and lost' thing is full of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha nicely put anonymous. Who are you btw?

    ReplyDelete